Trip Code :
Max Altitude :
All In during the trek/ B&B in the city areas
Trek: Tea House / City: Hotel
Our Poon Hill Annapurna Base Camp trek is designed for limited vacation and experienced trekkers. This ABC Trek offers the most spectacular picturesque landscape in the Annapurna Region. Poon Hill sunrise gives an overview of the Himalayan Ranges of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Range with Machhapuchhare and eastwards to Manaslu: including 2 peaks above 8,000m.
Our 8 days Poon Hill ABC trek begins at Nayapul (1100m), after a 1½hr drive from Pokhara. It follows the river Valley through natural forests of oak, rhododendron and pine lush forest to Ghorepani. A pre-dawn walk up the Poon Hill offers a 360° uninterrupted view of the mountains and plains.
The trail turns east, crossing ridges to Chule for a comfortable night. It then enters the narrow Mardi Khola Valley down which ice-melt from the glacier flows to the Ganges. Continue up the valley through forest and farming villages to Dobhan.
Beyond, forest gives way to alpine scrub as you enter the sacred Annapurna Sanctuary amphitheater. First is the Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3700m/12 139ft) and 1½ slow hours later the Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/13 550ft) on the glacier moraine. Surrounding you is an immense wall of rock and ice reaching heights from 6,500m–8,091m above the U-shaped glacial valley. Cloud frequently forms in the afternoon, but mornings are usually crystal clear and offer fantastic photographic opportunities.
- KATHMANDU ARRIVAL
- KATHMANDU TO POKHARA (LAKESIDE CITY) BY AC TOURIST BUS (6-7 HOURS DRIVE)
- POKHARA DRIVE TO NAYAPUL (1010M/3314FT.) TREK TO TIKHEDUNGA (1577M/5174FT.)
- TIKHEDUNGA (1577M/5174FT.) TO GHOREPANI (2840M/9318FT.)
- GHOREPANI (2840M/9318FT.) HIKE UP TO POON HILL (3210M/10532FT.) TREK TO TADAPANI (2610M/8563FT.)
- TADAPANI (2610M/8563FT.) TREK TO CHHOMRONG (2170m/7120ft)
- CHHOMRONG (2170m/7120ft) TO HIMALAYA (2900m/9570ft)
- HIMALAYA (2900m/9570ft)TO ABC (ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP) (4,130m/13,545ft) BY MBC (MACHHAPUCHHRE BASE CAMP) (3700m/12135ft)
- ABC (ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP) (4,130m/13,545ft) TO BAMBOO (2310m/7578ft)
- BAMBOO (2310m/7578ft) TO JHINU DANDA HOT SPRINGS (1760m/5770 ft.)
- JHINU DANDA HOT SPRINGS (1760m/5770 ft.) TO POTHANA (1400m/4620ft.)
- POTHANA (1400m/4620ft.) TO PHEDI (850m/2805ft.) AND DRIVE BACK TO POKHARA (LAKESIDE CITY)
- POKHARA (LAKESIDE CITY) TO KATHMANDU BY AC TOURIST BUS (6-7 hour drive)
- KATHMANDU DEPARTURE