Trip Code :
Max Altitude :
All In during the trek/ B&B in the city areas
Trek: Tea House / City: Hotel
The Nar Phu valley is a trek that combines remote villages of Nar and Phu, narrow canyons, lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, Monasteries, Kang La Pass and unique Himalayan cultures. You should have physically fitness to do this trek.
This trek starts from Chamje after 9 hours driving from Kathmandu. We hike same trail as Annapurna circuit trek. After arriving to Koto, we cross the bridge leading over the Marshyangdi River to the steep portals of the Nar Phu valley is easily missed, but although the entrance is narrow and forested, the valley system above opens up to a huge expanse of high snow-peaks, ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements. Trekkers until late 2002, very few westerners have explored these virtually untouched villages or climbed the many 7000m peaks surrounding it. We will venture into this remote region of Nar Phu valley. Buddhist pilgrims from around Nepal might accompany us up to Phu to visit the renowned Tashi Lhakhang Gompa and receive a blessing from Lama Karma Sonam Rimpoche. Along with spending plenty of time at these colorful and timeless villages, we explore the high alpine valleys above Phu. The Kang La (5315m) pass is amazing. We may enjoy mountains view like annapurna II, Gangapurna, Tilicho peak. You will trek down to Chame, Tal and Chamje from where you can drive back to Kathmandu by public Jeep. If you have time, you can also continue to Jomsom via Thorong La Pass.
- ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU + TRAVEL OFFICE MEETING FOR TREK PREP
- KATHMANDU BY LOCAL BUS TO BHULBHULE (840m/2756ft.)
- BHULBHULE (840m/2756ft.) TO JAGAT (1269m/4163ft.)
- 4)JAGAT (1269m/4163ft.) TO DHARAPANI (1860m/6102ft.)
- DHARAPANI (1860m/6102ft.) TO KOTO (2600m/8530ft.)
- KOTO (2600m/8530ft.) TO META (3560m/11679ft.)
- META (3560m/11679ft.) TO PHU (4080m/13385ft.)
- PHU ACCLIMMATIZATION DAY
- PHU (4080m/13385ft.) TO NAARPHEDI GOMPA (3400m/11154ft.)
- NAARPHEDI GOMPA (3400m/11154ft.) TO NAAR (4110m/13484ft.)
- NAAR (4110m/13484ft.) TO NGAWAL (3660m/12007ft.) VIA KANG LA PASS (5320m/17454ft.)
- NGAWAL (3660m/12007ft.) TO LOWER PISANG (3200m/10498ft.)
- LOWER PISANG (3200m/10498ft.) DRIVE BY JEEP TO BESISAHAR (760m/2493ft.)
- BESISAHAR (760m/2493ft.) DRIVE BY LOCAL BUS TO KATHMANDU
- KATHMANDU RELAXING DAY
- KATHMANDU DEPARTURE
This itineray can be made shorter/longer depending on your preference, incase inquire to us by using the comments box during your booking.